The series now shifts to Minute Maid Park in Houston

Описание: Свободное общение абсолютно на любые темы, которые не относятся к тематическим форумам. Счетчик сообщений включен!

#1 zhangzk » 11.04.2019, 06:11

Maddie Meyer/Getty ImagesThe Boston Red Sox won 7-5 on Sunday night Julio Teheran Jersey , knotting up their ALCS matchup with the Houston Astros at one game apiece.as the Astros will look to put things away at home, while the Red Sox will have to win at least one game to force the series back to Fenway Park.Ahead is a look at what's left of the ALCS schedule, some updated World Series odds and a quick outlook of what lies ahead in the series.ALCS ScheduleGame 3 (at HOU):Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 5:09 p.m. ET on TBSGame 4 (at HOU):Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 8:39 p.m. ET on TBSGame 5 (at HOU):Thursday, Oct. 18 at 8:09 p.m. ET on TBS*Game 6 (at BOS):Saturday, Oct. 20 at 5:09 p.m. ET on TBS*Game 7 (at BOS):Sunday, Oct. 21 at 7:39 p.m. ET on TBS*If necessary Odds to Win 2018 World Series (via OddsShark)Astros: +175Red Sox: +290Series OutlookDallas KeuchelGregory Shamus/Getty ImagesThe Game 3 pitching matchup will pit a pair of upcoming free agents against one another, as Astros lefty Dallas Keuchel (12-11, 3.74 ERA http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , 153 K, 204.2 IP) takes on Red Sox deadline-addition Nathan Eovaldi (6-7, 3.81 ERA, 101 K, 111.0 IP).Eovaldi threw a gem in his postseason debut in Game 3 of the ALDS, allowing just five hits and one earned run in seven innings of work against the Yankees.Keuchel lasted five innings in his ALDS outing, giving up four hits and two earned runs. He has a 3.28 ERA and 1.14 WHIP in 46.2 innings.Charlie Morton (15-3, 3.13 ERA, 201 K, 167.0 IP) and Rick Porcello (17-7, 4.28 ERA David Justice Jersey , 190 K, 191.1 IP) are the scheduled starters for Game 4, and both pitchers have enjoyed their fair share of recent postseason success.Porcello picked up the win in his ALDS start by allowing one run in 5.2 innings in the Game 4 clincher.Morton didn't take a turn in the ALDS as the Astros swept the Cleveland Indians, but he was instrumental in the team's World Series success last year. He posted a 1.74 ERA and 0.58 WHIP with 11 strikeouts in 10.1 innings in one start and one relief appearance.Both teams have stacked offenses, so if one of those back-of-the-rotation starters can turn in a dominant start, it could swing the entire series.The ace matchup of Justin Verlander and Chris Sale will be on tap again for Game 5, and the pitching decisions from there will be dictated by who is on top in the series.We're just two games in, but this series already has the makings of a seven-game classic. All stats courtesy of Baseball Reference, unless otherwise noted. LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) — The Detroit Tigers issued jersey No. 74 to Casey Mize and for the next few days, he will be just one of 31 pitchers in camp http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , trying to get his arm and body ready for a long baseball season.But the 21-year-old right-hander was the No. 1 pick in the Major League Baseball draft last June, and as Detroit’s No. 1 hope for the future, he was bound to attract more than his share of attention, even while just trying to fit in.“When you’re a draft pick like that, everybody’s staring at you anyway,” manager Ron Gardenhire said. “You’ve got your name on your back and everybody’s paying attention and you can put more pressure on yourself.”Not much pressure yet, says Mize.“I’m super excited, but I don’t think there’s much different adrenaline just because of the time frame,” he said after his first outdoor workout in a big league training camp. “I think probably when I get on the mound in a game situation, there’ll be more adrenaline.”That appearance is almost certain to come within the next two or three weeks and could well be the highlight of the Tigers’ spring.“We’ll work him in some games,” said pitching coach Rick Anderson Scott Kazmir Jersey , who has been impressed by Mize’s early-morning arrivals and scientific approach to pitching.“I called him over the other day and I said: “You’re going to lead by example with what you do.’ You watch him work and he gets after it. He’s focused and driven,” Anderson said.That’s fine by Mize.“I’m not really trying to set an example for other people,” he said. “I’m just trying to do what I need to do, honestly, and if people look at that and see positive, that’s great.”The Tigers saw enough positives out of Mize at Auburn University to draft him first and give him a $7.5 million signing bonus eight months ago. He made one start in the Gulf Coast League and four starts for Lakeland in the Florida State League, pitching 13 2/3 innings and giving up six earned runs while striking out 14.“That was the plan, to just make a handful of starts and then shut it down, just so I can get my feet wet,” he said. “I think we executed that well.”Now he’s in a big league camp as a non-roster invitee.“Just looking around and seeing the names on the back of the jerseys has been kind of cool for me,” he said. “Small things like that Kurt Suzuki Jersey , just kind of putting into perspective where I am and how happy I am to be here.”Mize brought along a new pitch, which is in the early stages of development.“It’s going to act kind of like a slurve,” he said. “It’s not going to be like a sweeping slider, it’s not going to be like a vertical breaking ball. It’s going to be somewhere in between.”To this point, his routine isn’t all that different from what he did last year at Auburn — stretching, playing catch, conditioning. The last thing the Tigers want to see is Mize overthrowing.“What those guys want to do right now is fit right and not be noticed,” Gardenhire said. “It is about calming down and relaxing and not trying do too much. If you throw the ball 95, throw it 95. Don’t try to throw it 105. Don’t try to make the ball spin more because you’re in a big league camp.“Just be you. There’s a reason you got drafted. Let’s just get our bodies in shape and then we’ll go from there.”
zhangzk
Автор темы, Прохожий
Прохожий
Темы: 10
С нами: 3 месяца 11 дней

Вернуться в Беседка